Do you know that you want to leave your job, but you’re not sure what’s next?
A 1:1 Coaching Experience For Lawyers Who Want A Practical Plan And Don’t Want To Make This Career Transition Alone
Who is a good fit for 1:1 coaching with me?
- You’ve been on the law track since your 20s and stepping off it for an uncertain path is anxiety producing.
- You’ve got financial obligations, so packing it all in to go bartend on a beach in Cabo is not a practical step. You want a practical plan that fits your lifestyle and financial obligations as you make this transition.
- You don’t want to go it alone—you want a sounding board that can help plan out your career transition.
- Biglaw consumed your life, but now you want to live your life.
- What you really want is a job that lets you be a person, and not just a lawyer.
- You’ve gone to therapy or are open to it.
- You know that you want to leave law, but you’re not sure what’s next.
- Verbally processing helps you come to a decision.
This is who my bespoke 1:1 coaching experience was built for. I work with a very limited number of this type of 1:1 client (typically a max of 12 people per year).
These packages are for lawyers who are serious about figuring out what they want to do and prefer the flexibility of an individualized schedule plus benefiting from a significant amount of my focus and energy.
Each step is customized to exactly what you need. You aren’t working through a curriculum—I’m meeting you exactly where you are and helping you develop an individualized process that is specific to your particular needs and growth areas so that you can figure out what you want to do next with your career.
This is an intensive process where I serve as a thought partner and resource to help you develop an awareness and understanding of who you are and what you want out of your career.
You’ll receive personalized exercises and recommendations throughout each part of the process that are designed to get you the clarity you need and to take action. On each coaching call, we’ll review your results, strategize about any obstacles, and set an action plan for the time between calls.
I also support my 1:1 clients by doing things like reviewing their edited resumés as needed and providing feedback, helping them prep for interviews of all types, strategizing about their current workplaces, and much more.
12 1:1 Sessions
With this package, you get 12 60-minute coaching calls with me that you may use over a 6-month period. You also get Voxer access in between sessions for any questions or issues that arise.
The cost for the 6-month package is $7,950. The cost can be spread out over 6 months.
Who is not a good fit for 1:1 career coaching with you?
There are some things that make a person not a good fit for working 1:1 with me. They include:
- You believe that there is one right answer to the question of what you should do next, and you think someone else should be able to tell you what that is.
- You’re not in therapy, have never gone to therapy, and are resistant to going to therapy. (I’m not going to make you go to therapy, but I may recommend it depending on what we run up against.)
- You’re not willing to talk to people who you don’t know about what their day-to-day work is like.
- You feel an intense need for your job to impress other people and have no interest in shifting that perspective.
- The investment for whatever package you’re considering is financially unwise for you. (If working with me puts your nervous system into fight-or-flight, it will be very hard to do the work that you need to do to get the benefit of us working together. Please consider instead availing yourself of my free resources and lower-cost alternatives like the Collab Plus 1:1 program or the Guided Track.)
What lawyers have to say about
WORKING WITH SARAH 1:1
Sarah helped validate my feelings and made me realize that I was not the problem—my job was the problem. Sarah taught me about the toxic tendencies of law firms and that there is a way out of the madness. She made me realize that I deserve to have a job that validates and respects me as a human being. There is no amount of money that is worth staying in a job where you feel devalued.
She genuinely cares and wants her clients to have a better life and overcome the artificial barriers set by inflexible law firm structures. Both she and her husband endured decades trying to fit into BigLaw regimes, so Sarah has real life experience to draw from.
I really enjoyed combining one-on-one sessions, with all the online resources she provides and continually updates. You really feel part of a community of professionals who have similar experiences and can talk the same language. One of my favorite podcasts of hers that really hit home was the one debunking the ‘no-assholes rule.’
I wish I knew about Sarah’s resources sooner. Maybe I wouldn’t have wasted so much of my precious time feeling stuck.”
Ann Marie, Former Biglaw partner
The most significant result I got from working with Sarah 1:1 was more clear direction of what might be a good ‘intermediate’ path to pursue while I transition from leaving the law to my ultimate desired job. While I was still working at a firm, it was very unclear what the next step needed to be, and after working with Sarah, it narrowed my focus to a good ‘intermediate’ area to job search—this allowed me to move forward much more confidently.
Working with Sarah 1:1 allows for time and space to ask questions that are specifically for your circumstance, without feeling like you are intruding on anyone else’s time (in comparison to group calls, where it may feel more intimidating or selfish to ask for specific, personal advice).
If you are a lawyer, particularly one who has been burnt out by law firms (regardless of size), you will feel uniquely understood and supported by Sarah. I was intimidated by other coaches who focus more on how to succeed as a lawyer despite the culture, and Sarah was so helpful in simply validating the burnout and exhaustion that can lead to a feeling of hopelessly being stuck, and supports the idea that leaving the law isn’t a failure. She is also different from other coaches in that she really recommends therapy and helps detract from the stigma of incorporating therapy as a necessary part of the self-work needed to make career changes.
If you choose to work with Sarah 1:1, you’ll be glad you did it – Sarah is a coach who really feels like a friend.
If you are a tired little lawyer who feels alone, isolated, angry, and lost, Sarah may be exactly what you need to feel empowered enough to take your life back into your own hands from the toxicity of law firm culture.”
Kelcey, Former Biglaw Associate
Former Senior In-House Counsel
I’m interested in working with you 1:1—what do I do next?
If you’re interested in working with me 1:1, the next step is to book a free consultation. Here’s what the consultation process looks like:
- First, you book a free 30-minute consult with me.
- During the consult, you tell me about your situation and ask any questions that you have about working with me 1:1.
- During the consult, I’ll assess whether working with you is right for me, and I will give you a recommendation as to whether working with me is a good fit for you based on what you have shared. (I don’t recommend this for everyone, so you can rest assured I will only recommend it if I genuinely think we will be a fit.)
- At the end of the call, I will ask you how you would like to proceed. I will not pressure you to make a decision on the call (but if you do, great!). If we need to book a follow-up call, no problem—I want to make sure that you are able to make the right decision for you.
- If you choose to move forward, I will send you a link after the call to accept the terms of your selected coaching package and to make your payment.
- You secure your onboarding date when I receive your payment.