On today’s show, Sarah talks with Heidi Mueller. Heidi is a former lawyer who is now the Director of the Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice.
In this conversation, Heidi shares about:
- Why she had an inkling that she might want to leave law firm life even before she started;
- How she struggled with guilt over the fact that she didn’t like working as a big firm lawyer;
- The article she read that affirmed her decision to leave;
- Why she freaked out just as she was leaving her firm, even though she knew she wanted to leave;
- How she got hired for multiple jobs after leaving the law firm without ever again applying for a job;
- How a complete stranger was the person who seemed most disturbed by her choice to leave law practice;
- Why therapy can be so helpful when you are making a decision about leaving the law;
- How you can get more involved in juvenile justice work if you’re interested;
- and much more!
Take the guesswork out of your first steps to leaving the law by grabbing Sarah’s free guide at formerlawyer.com/guide!